Unable to find what causes you acne and treatments that gaurantee results? This post might help you to clarify what is causing you acne, and treatments or remedies to have clear skin. May be you have acne all the time, or it just pops up once in a while. Let’s find out why!
FACTORS that can cause acne:
- Surprisingly being lactose intolerant can also be the cause of your acne. So try and notice if avoiding dairy products help you with clear skin.
- Unquestionably, most common factor in teenagers is hormones. But hormonal acne is not just limited to teenagers.
- According to a 2011 study, a rise in androgens increases skin’s oil production. Androgens is a kind of hormone present in males & females both.
- Acne occurs when a pore becomes clogged with dead skin cells, natural body oils, and a type of bacteria.
Now, It’s time to be more specific and analyze where your acne usually occurs.
ACNE ON FOREHEAD & NOSE
If you usually have acne around your forehead and nose, that simply could be because you have oily/ combination skin type. Or it could be because of other points that are often overlooked:
- Poor diet
- Irregular sleep
WHAT’S CAUSING ACNE ON EYEBROW AREA
Acne around your eyebrow area could be due to:
- Either gall bladder issues
- Make up or hair products you use
- Less water intake
- Ingrown hair
ACNE ON CHEEKS
In this case, it is simply a result of “hygiene”.
In order to prevent it, you need to:
Sleep on clean pillows,
Keep your make up tools clean,
Or simply talk less on the cell phone!
ACNE SURROUNDING THE JAW
JAWLINE, CHIN and NECK area is a clear sign of hormonal imbalance or diet.
If you notice acne occurring ONLY around your periods, for instance.
But if they are constant, it could be Cystic acne.
Therefore, we would recommend a check- up with your Gynaecologist.
REMEDIES/ TREATMENT FOR ACNE
Don’t be disheartened if you have hormonal or cystic acne, because it all can be controlled and you can have a clear bright skin! How, let’s find out!
Skin Corrector | Blemishes lightening serum₹200.00 – ₹590.00
HA Collagen Booster | Skin lightening & tightening serum₹200.00 – ₹599.00
Glyctic Peel | skin brightening & age reversal₹200.00 – ₹690.00
Other than that:
- You need to reduce stress by meditating/ exercising
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Stay hydrated, have enough water throughout the day.
- Keep all your facial products clean. Like make up brushes, beauty blenders, towels etc.
- Keep hair clean, shampoo at least twice a week. As we discussed, your dandruff can also cause acne!!
- There’s a myth that by washing your face as many times as possible could reduce acne. Well, you can splash plain water on your face twice or thrice, if your skin feels too sticky. However, do not use face wash/ cleansers more than twice a day. It will dry out your skin’s natural oils and its healing process will slow down.
- Always wear a sunscreen when you’re outdoors, It is REALLY important!
- Go to bed with a clean face to avoid clogging pores.
- NEVER ever pop a pimple, because the 3/4th bit of that pimple is still under the skin, and you can’t reach there, can you?
- Finally avoid foods that are sugary & high in carbs, Dairy products, especially skim milk.
What causes acne?
Acne occurs when a pore becomes clogged with dead skin cells, natural body oils, and a type of bacteria. It is also known as acne vulgaris.