Helichrysum belongs to the sunflower family, and grows wild in the mediterranian region of
Helichrysum‘s Latin meaning is “immortal”, and it serves complete justice to its meaning. Here’s
- This yellow blossom has powerful anti-aging properties, that miraculously reduce fine lines
and keeps the skin hydrated.
- Due to iron chelating activity of the flavonoids and acetophenones, it scavenges the free radicals
from our skin.
- It’s potent antioxidant properties accelerate the skin healing and skin cells’ regrowth.
- It has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and regenerative compounds.
- Heals scars, blemishes, burns, wounds and rashes.
- Provides photo protection from harmful UV rays.
- Its aroma promotes inner calm, and helps to work with trauma & difficult emotions.
A few DIYs that you can try at home:
- To ease and soothe a sunburn add 10 drops of Helichrysum in 1/2 a cup coconut oil.
- Add 10 drops Helichrysum oil in your 50 ml face wash to heal acne.
- Add 20 drops Helichrysum in 50ml Rose water, and voila your toner/ face mist is ready.
- Take 1 cup sugar, 1 cup honey, 2 tablespoons coffee, and 20 drops helichrysum oil. A body scrub
for rashes, scars, and a smoooooth skin!